Workshop Date: Saturday, September 28, 2019
430 Plymouth Rd
Plymouth Meeting, PA 19462
6 CEs Cultural Competency/Diversity for Psychologists
Target Audience: Psychologists and other mental health professionals.
In this introductory workshop, facilitators Sonya Lott, Ph.D. and Mike Likier, Ph.D. will provide an overview of the major psychological theories of grief, and the ways in which religious and/or spiritual beliefs and practices may influence various aspects of the bereavement process. Participants will have the opportunity to explore the impact their own religious and/or spiritual beliefs and practices have had on their experiences of bereavement. The implications of religious and/or spiritual beliefs and practices of both clients and therapists in grief counseling will also be explored.
At the end of the 6 hour workshop participants will be able to:
- Define the terms, bereavement, grief, and mourning.
- Summarize the major psychological models of grief.
- Describe three ways that religion and/or spirituality may influence beliefs about death.
- Analyze how religious and/or spiritual beliefs have influenced their own beliefs about death.
- Describe four ways spiritual and/or religious beliefs may impact the experience of grief.
- Describe three ways in which religious or spiritual practices may influence mourning practices.
- Analyze how religious and/or spiritual beliefs have influenced their own experiences of grief and mourning.
- Explain four ways in which religion and spirituality may impact the grief counseling process.
CEMPSYCH, LLC is approved by the American Psychological Association (APA) to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. CEMPSYCH, LLC maintains responsibility for all programming and content. CEMPSYCH, LLC maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
For other mental health professionals, please contact your licensing board to determine the requirements for continuing education.
The 18 CEs are for full attendance on all three days of the workshop. Within 3 days after the completion of the workshop, participants who attended all three days for the workshop for the full 18 hours will receive via email a URL for the completion of the workshop evaluation. Within three days after completion of the evaluation, your certificate of attendance will be emailed to you.
Refund requests received no later than September 23, 2019 will be honored-minus a 10% administrative fee. Refund requests must be submitted by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. No shows will not be reimbursed.
8 AM-9 AM-Workshop Check-in and Continental breakfast
9 AM-10:30 AM-Workshop
10:30 AM-10:45 AM-Break
10:45 AM -12:15 PM-Workshop
12:15 PM-1:45 PM-Lunch (on your own)
1:45 PM-3:15 PM Workshop
3:15 PM-3:30 PM-Break
3:30 PM-5:00 PM-Workshop